The Coastline Cruise on Our Generation Radio

Promote Your Page Too

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

That Monkee DJ

Ahoy Ship Mateys!

I just wanted to take a minute to let everyone know that I'm perfectly happy spinning your favorite Monkee tunes, but sometimes I have to do things differently. I'm saying this because after last night's cruise, I was concerned that I might have alienated my core fan base. I'm sorry if that happened. I felt bad because many of you were asking for things, and I was trying a different theme. It is my hope that no matter what I do, you'll stand behind me, as your trusted DJ. Maybe I'm worried for nothing, and there's really no problem here...I don't know. I just wanted to write this note to you all letting you know how much I appreciate you.

Thanks for sailing with me.

Love
Cap'n

3 comments:

  1. I've never thought of you as a "Monkees DJ," Holly. You have played them fairly often at times, but considering the connection with Davy's daughter Annabel (and her band Bluebell), and because of Davy's passing a few months ago, it seemed natural. I'm sure I speak for a lot of your listeners when I say that Monkees, si, or Monkees, no, we love what you're doing. I've never gotten the impression that The Coastline Cruise is a "Monkees and Some Other People" show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly- I always enjoy your show, no matter what you play! You have a great ear for music, and you shouldn't have to put yourself in a box. I found your show through Monkees connections, and of course I love when you play Monkees, butI've stayed because you play such a great assortment of songs, often spanning decades. Also, you have a winning personality. Keep on doing what you'e doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I told you people would hold not playing all Monkee's against you the people your "FRIENDS" me included love you and your show so just keep up the great work you spen so much time on and enjoy.
    Peace & Love

    ReplyDelete