The Coastline Cruise on Our Generation Radio

Promote Your Page Too

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Someone take the wheel!

Arr Ship Mateys!

Father Christmas is on his way, and yet somehow in the midst of all this merry making and Christmas cheer, I'm questioning what to do with my life. Right now. In this moment. As I type these very words. All I want to do is move to England and work for Auntie Beeb (That's The BBC in Britspeak for those who are scratching their heads.) Of course, everywhere I look I feel like there's a sign from the EU saying "Americans Need Not Apply". Of course I'm not bitter, I totally get it. They want to take care of their own, and I'd just be a very small fish in a very big pond. I feel like I need to keep studying in school, stay focused on the dream, but I tell ya, the thought of living alone in Columbia, toiling and slaving over school is enough to make me choke on the air I am currently breathing. It's almost like a scale: On one end, there's the part that says "Experience will be enough, talk to everyone! It's not what you know, it's WHO you know." Then on the other side, there's the part that says, "The UK doesn't like people who can't prove they're educated." It's really a lot to handle. This is all I ever want though, so I sit here wondering what the proper course of action is.

I guess this is just me venting. Be sure to tune in this Sunday for my Sunday Super Smashing Holiday Bash! A little Rock n Roll with a spoonful of Christmas.

It's melt in your mouth delicious, and I should know... I'm the Cap'n!

As you were...

-Captain Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment